Tuesday, October 13, 2009

NaNoWriMo 2009!

Hey! Look at that - I'm still alive ;)

Right. National Novel Writer's Month. It starts in about half a month, give or take.

Anyone participating? If so, care to share?

Also, feel free to add me on the NaNoWriMo site. My username is Elvish Kitty. I can't say that I'll actually write anything this year, but I want to give it a go.

Anyway, my working title so far is Self Indulgent Nonsense, which - while perfectly describing my story - probably doesn't send the right message. When I have the synopsis actually worked out (and a better title) I shall tell you what it is. In the mean time, its one of the sequels for The Story That Rainbow Brite Spawned, or, rather, the fantasy stories I wrote for my cousin when I was 13 or so.

This one's a little bit different. I hope.

I also hope that everyone else is participating too. If so, I strongly suggest beginning your preliminary research and outlines soon - unless, of course, you're one of those lucky people who can come up with an idea merely by sitting down in front of the computer/at the writing desk. If not, keep in mind that you need to write 1666.7 words a day to make the 50,000 word deadline - and an outline might just come in handy for that.

And, if you haven't even gotten an idea yet...feel free to brainstorm here! That is, of course, what this site's ultimately for (even if we all vanish from time to time ;)

2 comments:

E said...

I kind of really want to do this.
And kind of don't.
Especially since I'm supposed to be churning out a scholarship application essay every day. Blargh. Difficult life is difficult.

Athena said...

I think I'm going to enter, but I have no idea if I'll be able to get online long enough (and reliably enough) to even sign up officially. Maybe I'll just write something in November and submit it when I can (that is, of course, assuming that I get a new power cable for Mephie)... I still haven't figured out which story idea to work on... erg